As announced on 22 December 2021, Link Group has entered into a Scheme Implementation Deed with Dye & Durham, under which Dye & Durham will acquire all of the shares in Link Group by way of scheme of arrangement. On 21 July 2022, Link Group and Dye & Durham agreed to amend the Scheme by reducing the Base Cash Consideration payable under the Scheme (Revised Scheme).
The Scheme Meeting, at which Link Group Shareholders will vote on the proposed Revised Scheme, will be held in person at the Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park Hotel, 161 Elizabeth St, Sydney NSW 2000 and through an online platform at https://meetings.linkgroup.com/LNKSM22 at 10:00am (Sydney time) on 22 August 2022. The Special General Meeting, at which Link Group Shareholders will vote on the proposed capital return in connection with the Revised Scheme, will be held at 10:15am (Sydney time) on 22 August 2022.
Explanatory Booklet, Supplementary Explanatory Booklet and Virtual Meeting Online Platform Guide
You can access a copy of the Explanatory Booklet, Supplementary Explanatory Booklet and Virtual Meeting Online Platform Guide from this website. It is important that you read the Explanatory Booklet, including the notice of Scheme Meeting and notice of Special General Meeting (Notice of Meetings) which contain information on the proposed scheme and equal return of capital of Link Group, the items to be voted on and instructions on how to vote. It is also important that you read the Supplementary Explanatory Booklet, including the supplementary Notice of Meetings, which contains additional information about the Revised Scheme including the reduced Base Cash Consideration. The Explanatory Booklet and the Supplementary Explanatory Booklet also contains reasons for the Link Group’s Board's unanimous recommendation for shareholders to vote in favour of the Transaction, and an independent expert’s report and supplementary independent expert’s report.
How can you vote and new proxy forms required
There are a number of ways you may vote.
You may vote:
- by attending the Meetings in person at Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park Hotel, 161 Elizabeth St, Sydney NSW 2000 and voting during the meeting
- by attending the Meetings via the online platform and voting via the online platform at https://meetings.linkgroup.com/LNKSM22
- by proxy, by completing and submitting the New Proxy Form in accordance with the instructions set out on the form. Proxy Forms which accompanied the Explanatory Booklet dated 10 May 2022 are no longer valid. Even if you have already lodged a Proxy Form, to ensure your vote is counted, you must submit a New Proxy Form and your New Proxy Form must be received by the Link Group Share Registry by 10:00am on 20 August 2022
- by attorney, by appointing an attorney to attend and vote at the Scheme Meeting and Special General Meeting on your behalf and providing a duly executed power of attorney to the Link Group Share Registry by 10:00am on 20 August 2022
- by corporate representative, in the case of a body corporate which is a Link Group Shareholder, by appointing a corporate representative to attend and vote at the Scheme Meeting and Special General Meeting on behalf of that Link Group Shareholder and providing a duly executed certificate of appointment (in accordance with section 250D of the Corporations Act) prior to admission to the Scheme Meeting and Special General Meeting.
Further details on how to vote using each of these methods are contained in the Notice of Meetings and supplementary Notice of Meetings.
For further information
For more information, please refer to the Explanatory Booklet and Supplementary Explanatory Booklet. If you have any questions, or if you would like to obtain a hard copy of the Explanatory Booklet and the Notice of Meetings, or the Supplementary Booklet and the supplementary Notice of Meetings, please contact the Link Group Shareholder Information Line on 1800 237 687 (within Australia) or +61 1800 237 687 (outside Australia) between 8:30am and 5:30pm (Sydney time), Monday to Friday.